September 9, 2013

Target Merona Women's Ponte Stripe Dress Review

FitFit: A bit too long on my 5'3" frame, but otherwise the fit is decently true to size.
Style: This comes in two different colors: the one I'm rocking here and a navy & red version.  The stripes are designed to flatter, but I'm not sure they work on me.
Quality: 76% Polyester, 20% Rayon, & 4% Spandex -- machine washable.  It's totally opaque, so it's unlined, but no lining is necessary.  This doesn't wrinkle very much, which I really appreciate.
Price: It currently retails for $27.99 at Target, which I feel like is a fair price for the quality of the dress, especially since you can get 20% off a purchase of $75+ at Target.com.
Bottom Line: I returned this dress.  I don't think it's actually that flattering on me, so I ended up returning.  Even though the quality is nice, I'd have to shorten the dress at the waist to maintain the stripe-y proportions of the dress.  For me, it really wasn't worth it, though I have seen this look really lovely on some other ladies.


You may have noticed that I've been posting a fair number of reviews, and that's because I've been doing a ton of online shopping recently -- it's gotten a little out of control, but I can't help but take advantage of the great end of season deals.  To be honest, though, I am returning the vast majority of my purchases.  Have you purchased any winners lately? :)


Sunnies: Prada | shop
Necklace: JCrew Factory
Dress: Target | shop
Shoes: Ann Taylor | shop

Linked up to Monday Bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment