August 12, 2013

Classic Combo: Dress + Blazer

I hope your week is off to a great start.  I spent the weekend BBQ-ing with my new roomie.  It was a fun, relaxing weekend and a great way to rejuvenate for the upcoming week.

I recently moved into a new place -- still in Kansas City.  I've been moved in for a few weeks already, but have just been getting around to slowly, but surely, unpacking.  I dread unpacking--nearly as much as I dislike packing--so I've been parsing out the unpacking tasks.

Anyway, this dress was only $25 from Ann Taylor; everything at Ann Taylor is currently 40% (code: TRENDS40) and free shipping when you spend $175+.  There's lots of good summer pieces.  Aili & I both picked up this beautiful yellow & white maxi.

Fashion Fundamental: Black Blazer - I wear this blazer all of the time; when I know I need an additional piece to pull my look together, when the temperature is a little cooler, or just when I need to add a little polish to a more casual look.  The dress + blazer is a classic combo, and any iteration of this look is appropriate for pretty much any occasion.

Blazer: Gibson via Nordstrom | shop
Dress: Ann Taylor -- currently on sale | shop
Shoes: Ann Taylor | shop
Earrings: Kate Spade | shop 

1 comment: