March 25, 2013

Wear it Both Ways: Plaid Top


Fashion Fundamental: A patterned top is the perfect layering piece for those cold winter days; it provides visual interest and texture to any look.

I was so inspired by my two lovely guest posters, Chioma & KW, and the way they wore it both ways that I decided to put my own look together!

Lately, I've been very much enjoying colored tights; it's definitely winter here in KC, though spring did indeed fake us out.  Colored tights have been a fun & funky item to pair.  With both of these looks, I've used a base of neutrals to highlight these fun jewel-toned colors.  


Look 1
Earrings: Local Boutique | similar
Dress-as-Top: Nautica
Skirt: Express | similar
Tights: Taiwan | similar
Boots: Sperry | shop

Look 2
Dress: Gap | similar
Top: Nautica | last seen here
Tights: HUE | similar
Shoes: Nine West | similar


3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Your skirt is darling! I've been looking for a similar skirt myself. I'll have to check out the link you posted.

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete