November 27, 2012

The Ultimate Black Skirt: No. 2























Fashion Fundamental: Black Skirt.  

Any working gal needs a classic, pencil skirt. Though this is a simple piece, the fit and material can make or break a necessary wardrobe piece. Being short, I sometimes have issues finding a pencil that lands at or below the knees. Once again, my trusty Crew has come through! Their pencil skirt fit like a glove, and comes in a multitude of colors  and materials depending on the season. The pencil has become  an anchor to some of my most beloved work looks:  Pencil 1, Pencil 2, Pencil 3, Pencil 4, & Pencil 5.


These pencils are a perfect way to power through the rest of the year. Winter break...where are you? I'm already thinking about wearing something sparkly for the holidays. My head is totally in the clouds as I'm still recovering from a great Thanksgiving break! Thanks for reading. 


Coat:  Burberry Harbourne | similar

Skirt:  Pencil Skirt, JCrew | shop
Top:  Limited | similar
Tights:  Gray, Spanx | shop
Bag:  Banana Republic | similar
Necklace:  Big Love
Shoes: Perfect Pump, Ann Taylor | shop

1 comment:

  1. I agree. As a fellow petite professional, I find I like a form-fitting but not too tight, just above the knee pencil skirt. I'd have them in 15 different colors if I could.

    You look great - love the bright color paired with black.

    ReplyDelete