October 23, 2012

Wear it Both Ways: Coffee & Cardigans

Coffee&Cardigans_shareable3_250x125px
Aili's hitting the beaches of Mexico this week, so we've lined up a few bloggers we hope you'll enjoy. You know that we're all about re-styling your favorite pieces, and that's why we've asked some of our favorite bloggers to share the way they wear 1 piece 2 different ways.  Make sure you hit up Callie's at Coffee & Cardigans--in particular, we really like her posts on remixing.  A big thanks to Callie for showing us how she rocks it both ways. :)

------

Hello! My name is Callie and you can usually find me blogging over at Coffee and Cardigans. As a college gal and budget style blogger, I have to focus on getting the most out of my closet on a budget. This means building my closet around staples and learning to remix them. One of my favorite staples is a new-to-me black blazer I thrifted back in September. I never knew how versatile a blazer could be until I remixed it. It's perfect for both casual and dressier looks. Here are two ways that I've remixed my blazer recently:
10 8 12 b
For a day on campus, I paired my blazer with jeans and flats for a casual look. It was a dressier alternative to a cardigan or sweatshirt and made my outfit feel polished without much effort. A blazer and jeans might seem basic, but I dressed it up with a bright scarf and striped tank. The basic blazer was a perfect background for my brighter accessories.
sfoutfit1
But of course, the blazer is usually associated with business attire. So I paired it with a red dress and black wedges for a business casual look for a professional conference I attended last week. I tried to find the happy medium between classic (the black blazer) and youthful (the red dress). My blazer transitioned easily from casual to dressy, which helps me get the most out of this one classic jacket.

Thank you so much to Aili & Ailyn for having for their Wear it Both Ways series! My blazer is definitely one piece that I can wear both ways: casual and dressy!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you ladies so much for having me today! It was a delight putting this post together. Hope that Aili enjoys her vacation!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look amazing, girl! We <3 having you on Jane Squared. :D

      Delete
  2. Jeans+ blazer+ scarf= one of my favorite outfit formulas! Great post callie!

    much love,
    Lauren xoxo

    ReplyDelete