October 24, 2012

Belt It


I was trying out something new today that didn't turn out as expected--belting my cardigan.  I was going for something like this... or even this, but came up with what you see above which doesn't enhance my shape at all.  I think next time around I'll have to make sure the belt sits a little tighter about my natural waist.  I also like the idea of a belted blazer, so I'll play around with that and let you know how it goes.

Let me know if you've successfully belted a buttoned-up cardigan (and how you did it)!

Fashion Fundamental: Denim Jeans  Can't go wrong with denim.  Choose what flatters your shape and makes you feel most comfortable.  Personally, I am a fan of Gap denim because it fits me fairly well, and you can grab a great deal.
Have you heard of Influenster?   It's a free-to-join e-community where users share reviews and opinions on different products.  Their most attractive feature are their VoxBoxes, which are themed sets of  product samples for you to try out, review, and share with your friends.

So far, I was sent two boxes of products to sample--the Beauty Blogger (filled with an assortment of beauty-related items) & Natural (environmentally friendly products or made with natural ingredients), and I've enjoyed trying out things that I definitely wouldn't have purchased on my own.  Plus, I gotta admit that it's pretty thrilling to receive packages in the mail.  Everybody loves mail, right?

I believe Influenster membership is invite-only, and I have a few invites available, so send me an e-mail if you're interested!  Just a warning though, Influenster requires you to be rather active on their site, which usually entails filling out a bunch of surveys, reviewing some of your favorite products, etc.

Cardigan: Uniqlo | similar
Jeans: Bullhead | shop
Shoes: Nine West | similar
Tank: Gap | similar in a black peplum
Belt: Target | similar
Necklace: Gift | similar

1 comment: