October 26, 2011

Halloween: Jane the Riveter




Halloween is just around the corner and this year here's my ode to Rosie the Riveter

I visited my 12- year old cousin in Australia a few years ago and I distinctly remember her asking me, "Is Halloween real?" She had seen a magical world of free candy, masks and ghouls on television. I told her, "Yes, it's real! Come visit us in October because it is wonderful and fun." 

Truly, this is one of the best American holidays. You get to dress up and get free candy. I'm not sure that it gets better than that. Happy Halloween and good luck finding the houses that give full size candy bars!

Shirt:  Gap, 1969
T-shirt:  American Apparel | shop
Jeans:  Bullhead Black The 55 Denim Legging in Rinsed Indigo, PacSun | shop
Shoes:  Nine West
Necklace:  Old Navy
Bandana:  Walmart, $1
Lipstick:  Color Sensationals Lipstick in Red Revolution 630 | shop

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! you look fantastic. i want to dress up like this for halloween. would you mind if i "borrowed" your idea?
    stopped by from the pleated poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an AWESOME work-appropriate costume!!! I am so storing this away for the next time I need to dress up at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome and pretty- i'm stopping by from wiww and would love for your to visit my blog and checkout the huge giveaway going on- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love this outfit! you styled it EXACTLY like the old school photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nicole[The Lovely Poppy] - thanks you for your comment and I will stop by!
    @Economy of Style - :) Thanks & Happy Halloween!
    @thedemuremuse - I referenced the original Rosie just to make sure! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Rosie! Such a cute costume!

    ReplyDelete